Monday 30 January 2012

iwata HP-C Long term review



I have now used my Iwata HP-C airbrush for a year and it is time to write a review. I'm extremely happy with Iwata it has worked flawlessly all the time. It has passed all kinds of acrylic paint such as Vallejo Model Color, Air Vallejo, Model Master, Tamiya and Gunze without clogging up once. I just pull back the trigger a little bit and it spits out any dry color and it's ready to continue to paint again. The entire airbrush feels solid and tolerance between the parts are very tight. I rarely need to disassemble the airbrush to clean it, I just spray through it with cleaning fluid. It is easy to disassemble however, but the nozzle needs a special tool to remove it and it´s very small so you have to be careful not to lose it. Ergonomics could be better and the trigger can be uncomfortable after prolonged use. I also own an H&S Evolution airbrush so it's only natural to compare the two, The Evolution has better ergonomics, but fall behind on all other points. I does not mean that evolution is a bad airbrush it's just like comparing a BMW to a Mercedes, The Iwata just feels a little tighter and more precise to use and is less prone to clogg up than the Evolution.


I would not hesitate to recommend Iwata HP-C, it is a solid buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment