Wednesday 11 January 2012

RAL PARTHA'S T'CHAR - DRAGON OF FLAME AND FURY


 I got this dragon as a birthday gift some fifteen years ago and it has since lain in a drawer, assembled but unpainted. Since I made ​​a New Year's resolution to finish all my unfinished projects I started with this the oldest one, the Ral Partha T'CHAR, a fitting start to the year of the Dragon. The kit is a multimedia kit with resin and metal parts so I had assembled all the parts with epoxy glue and primed the model with matt white paint before I put it in the drawer to ferment for fifteen year. I now only had to collect some courage and start painting. It proved to be quite simple, the body was painted red and orange and the wings were painted dark red-violet then the whole model got a dark wash. After details such as claws, horns and eyes had been painted I sprayed the model with Citadel Purity Seal.









1 comment:

  1. Hi !

    First of all, sorry for my English, it's not my natural language

    I know it's an old post, but i just got here by searching for picture of that dragon on Google

    You did an amazing job painting that dragon

    I got that same dragon more than 20 years ago, it was the first one i ever painted, i still have it on a shelve in my bedroom with some others pieces i did

    I was assembling and paintings a lots of Revell and tamiya 1/24 cars around that time, i only had revell and tamiya paint to do my painting and my range of available paint where far from being the best to paint that dragon.

    Wash, dry brush and glaze was totally unknown to me when i did it, when i compare mine to yours, it's night and day :)

    I'll say it again, you did a really amazing job !

    Bye !

    Patrick Thiffault

    ReplyDelete