Tuesday 22 October 2013

Heller 1/72 Saab JA 37 Viggen


I bought a Viggen kit when visiting the aviation museum in Ängelholm this summer, excellent shop by the way, and now it´s time to put it together. The kit is the JA 37 Interceptor version with built in 30mm canon and Heller made an extra sprue with canon, pylons and Sidewinders for this kit. Unfortunately my kit was badly warped and required a lot of super glue to get strait. It also had a fair share of sink marks. I used superglue and accelerator to fix these too. I saved the ejection seat from my failed Viggen project and that was the only "extra" I put in to this kit so the cockpit looks a little bare on close examination. Well I will save my money for the Tarangus upcoming 1/48 scale kit. I´m using Gunze H335 and H332 for this model and these are fair matches for Fv colors 032M and 033M. I took some care not to erase too many panel lines when sanding and pre-shaded the lines before painting.

Update 2015-02-15

I finished the Viggen in October 2013. I was very pleased with the outcome. In the spring of 2014, I decided to scrap most of my models, partly to redecorate our home and partly to make room for new models. Unfortunately, I was a little too eager to clear out my models and threw out the Viggen along with a few other models I now regret that I scrapped. Well shit happens, but I can always build theme again. I did saved some pictures of the Viggen.







No comments:

Post a Comment