Wednesday 16 October 2013

Fujimi 1/72 MIG 21 Bis

Finally I have managed to build a model!

It’s the Fujimi MIG 21Bis in Finnish markings. I haven’t made any research in to the subject so it’s strait from the box; however I used the painting instruction from Eduard´s kit.
The kit went together nicely with just a touch of filler. As with most old kits, there were a couple of sink marks and I filled these with super glue and sanded smooth. (I am using the super glue filling technic more and more and it´s really speeding up the build process.) I used Gunze acrylics for airbrushing and Vallejo for detail brush painting. The decals were not of the best quality and I should have skipped the stencils as they silvered badly. Well It´s most noticeable in photographs or on close up inspection so I don’t worry too much about it. I finish the model with a dark wash and a coat of GW Purity seal.  I don’t know how well the Fujimi MIG 21 holds up to the more modern kits out there but it´s look ok to me.

Note.  The flash exaggerates the colors a bit so in reality the colors are darker.


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete