Friday 30 November 2012

Thoughts on color

 I have come to the conclusion that it is difficult to nearly impossible to apply the "correct" color on a model. There are simply too many variables. Just look at the lack of contrast between the colors of my Ju 52, or some of my Swedish aircraft painted with Vallejo olive which became green after a year. Scale effects are also problematic, you can not just pour white in ready mixed paint for it easily becomes grayish. Although I still think it is very interesting to read and know about the real colors but I will choose a more "artistic" approach when I paint my models in the future, sticking with colorfast Gunze and Tamiya paint for airbrushing. For me it's a hobby, not an obsession. (not ruling out any future experiments just for fun though ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment