Sunday 5 February 2012

Heller 1/72 AJ-37 Viggen Part 2



I made ​​a New Year's resolution to complete any half finished kits in my collection. The Monograms B-17 was the first box to tick in. The next is Heller's excellent AJ-37 Viggen in the daunting "splinter" camouflage. One can spend an eternity to mask and paint this scheme, but I choose to use ready-made masks to save some time. The aircraft is assembled and ready to paint. To facilitate the painting, I have not fitted the canards.


 I searched everywhere for ejection seat and was soon convinced that it was lost to the vacuum cleaner so I bought a new one, only to find that the old one was stuck inside the instruction manual with blu-tac!

Updated. I'm sorry to announce that the model has been scrapped. Masks from Gator was a nightmare to work with, they fit poorly and pulled the color from the aircraft. I was tired of building and threw it in the trash. It was in retrospect a hasty decision and I should have sanded away the paint and started over again. Well, I managed to save the ejector seat anyway.


Part 1 is here: http://hogges-modellbygge.blogspot.com/2011/03/heller-aj-37-viggen.html

No comments:

Post a Comment