Thursday 9 February 2012

Airfix new 1/48 Bf 109 E


The new Airfix 1/48 scale Bf 109E comes with different parts to build either as a E-1, E-3 or a E-4. It  also comes with different bombs and a drop tank. There are decals for three different machines and I've decided to build Major Galland's E-4 with yellow markings. Airfix kit is not as sophisticated and crisp as the Tamiya Bf 109 E, and panel lines are a bit coarse so if the price is not important , go for the Tamiya kit. I got a 20% discount on my kit so I decided to give it a chance.

Updated. I'm sorry to announce that the model has been put into in the circular archive. In my opinon, this kit is inferior to the Tamiya Bf 109E and given I already have the Tamiya Bf 109E in my collection I felt that it was not worth spending time on. The decals were worth saving though.


2 comments:

  1. Hiya Hogge

    I've built the airfix and the Tamiya side by side and I do not thin kthat the Airfix kit is inferior, far from it. It has more options and goes together well. I think the Tamiya kit is too long in the nose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I was a little categorical when I expressed my opinion. I had only my finished model of Tamiya Bf 109 to compare with. Perhaps a comparison between unfinished models would be more accurate. Given the low price, correct shape and the nice decals, I still would recommend anyone to buy it.

    Thank you for your input.

    ReplyDelete