Thursday 8 December 2011

Airfix Cromwell IV Tank 1/76 New Tool



Christmas came a little early this year in form of three little red Christmas presents from Airfix. First out is the Cromwell tank in the ,nowadays, odd 1/76 scale. The kit has very fine details and the mouldings are very crisp. Some parts are really minute and and it will take some steady hands to assemble these, beware of the carpet monster! The tracks are moulded in one piece, something I’ve only seen in kits for table top war-games until now, and this will really speed up the building process. Personally I hate to assemble the tracks link for link, the tracks always turns out to be either to short or to long so I hope to see this solution in more armour kits. You get two decal options, 5th Royal Horse Artillery and 11th Armoured division, both in Khaki Green H159.

I think it would have been far better if Airfix had chosen the now standard 1/72 scale for their new armour kits but Airfix probably wanted to match it with their old armour series and figures.  Personally I can only notice the differences between the two scales if I put two kits of similar subject side by side although a knit picker would probably disagree with me, but it could be a problem if anyone wants to put toghter a diorama with some 1/72 soldiers.


No comments:

Post a Comment