Friday 9 December 2011

Airfix 1/32 Afrika Korps


I got a little nostalgic in the hobby store today and picked up pack of classic Afrika Korps soldiers, now in the new paint friendly K-resin.  



The figures has recived a base coat of Army Painter Matt Black.


I think the best way to paint the figures fast is start from a black undercoat and use that to define small details like webbing, pouches and weapons, then use Army Painter Quick Shade to shade the whole figure in one go. Next I have to work out the best way to high light the figures.


I used some different Tamiya wethering sets to dry brush the figure. Finally I sealed the paint job with Citadel satin varnish. I need to fill the ejector pin marks on the rest figures (I forgot it on this figure)





2 comments:

  1. I also cant resist going back in time and having a go at some old airfix stuff.... where it all began. Its great applying new and learnt techniques to these old figures. Gives them a new lease of life I think,

    ReplyDelete