Wednesday 16 January 2013

H & S Infinity Airbrush Update


Infinity update
I am really disappointed in the performance of the Infinity. The 0.15 mm needle nozzle constantly clog up and I find it impossible to get a consistent result, it´s like all or nothing. I have tried different pressures, retarders and paint mixes to no avail. The Infinity 0.15 mm set is probably not made to work optimally with acrylics like Gunze, Tamiya or Lifecolor. What’s even more disappointing is that the Infinity is simply an Evolution with some custom parts to make it look better when studying the spare parts list I found that most internal parts are the same as for the Evo!
Well with that said, when used with the 0.4 mm needle it works and feel exactly like the Evo which isn´t a bad airbrush and I will use it as a backup and for pre-shade technic which demands a comfortable trigger.  It also has to be said that working with Enamel paint like Humbrol may produce a better result due to better flow characteristics of that type of paint.
So my recommendation is:  If you want an H&S Airbrush then go for the Evolution and save a 100 Euro!

No comments:

Post a Comment