Sunday 28 August 2011

Revell / Monogram 1 /48 Visible B-17G Flying Fortress


My B-17 has finally arrived from China. Unfortunately it got stuck in custom and I had to pay sales tax. I also ordered some decals and photo etch but these items seems to have been lost In the mail. I'm not going to put more money in the project so it's going to be a out of the box build.


I have decided not to use the clear fuselage gimmick due to the loss of my ordered photo etch set but the supplied detail in the kit is good enough for a conventional build.


The surface detail is composed of fine raised lines and some rivet but this is totally wrong and the surface should be riveted all over so I guess they should have hired the “Mad Riveter” from Airfix for this one ;-)















No comments:

Post a Comment