Thursday 28 July 2011

Marivox 1/72 FFVS J-22

I discovered an old kit of a FFVS J-22 from Marivox when I was going throuh som storage boxes in my basement and decided to give a go. The kit went together easily except for the under carriage which was a bit fiddly. The color scheme is the standard dark olive top side and blue Grey underside which were applied to most Swedish air force aircraft during the late 1940's and 50's. I used Vallejo model color and mixed my standard recipe:
Blue Grey:
992 - 20 drops
951 - 10 drops
808 - 2 drops
915 - 1 or 2 drops
Olive Green:
915 10 drops
950 3 drops
The decals went on nicely but unfortunately I didn’t have enough "P" to cover both sides but decal sheets with letters are available. The kit is a perfect weekend project and today there is an upgraded version in the stores from Marivox with a new decal sheet and a smal fret of photoetched parts.




No comments:

Post a Comment