Tuesday 15 March 2011

Heller AJ-37 Viggen



After a raid to my basement a found an old Heller kit of a Viggen. The kit is, despite it's age, quit good and the raised panel lines are not overly done but the cockpit is a little bare thou so I bought an after market Ejection seat and photo-etch set from Maestro Models. The camouflage is a challenge so I also bought a set of paint masks from Gator.


The etched details are pre painted and will enhance the cockpit considerably.



Last time I built this kit I had some problems with the joint between wing and fuselage. The joint is very weak and any sanding will destroy the panel lines so I took care when I attached the upper half of the wings to the fuselage. I filled the joint from the inside and reinforced with super glue.


I experimented with some mixes of Vallejo paint for the camouflage and came up with the following mixes:
Light Green = 3 parts 967 + 1 part 894
Dark Green = 2 parts 967 + 1 part 894
Brown = ?
Black = 862

(I will re-evaluate this mixes when I decide to continue the build)

This build is currently on hold but I intend to continue it in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment